The average lifespan of a carpet is between five to fifteen years. How long yours lasts will depend on multiple factors, including if there are pets in the home.
It’s no surprise that carpets won’t last forever, but with pet urine removal in Raleigh, you can add years to yours.
Damage, stains, and odors can wear carpet down faster, too. Chem-Dry can also help with professional carpet stain removal in Raleigh.
Routine cleaning—both on your own and with help from a pro—can make a significant difference in how long your carpet lasts. Here are a few tell-tale signs it could be time to invest in some new carpet in your home.
Signs That Carpet Needs Replaced
- In general, carpets in heavy-traffic areas will need to be replaced every few years.
- If your carpet is more than 20 years old, it’s probably a good idea to replace it.
- You see visible indicators like wrinkling, matting, fading, tearing, or unraveling.
- There are tough stains that can’t be removed.
- You notice lingering mold, mildew, or odor.
- You’ve experienced allergies or respiratory symptoms that could be due to old carpets.
Pet Urine Removal In Raleigh
One of the most effective ways to preserve your carpet is to treat pet odors and stains frequently.
Our recommendation is to vacuum at least a couple of times a week and have a professional conduct carpet stain removal in Raleigh on a quarterly basis. Doing so can help remove stubborn odor crystals left behind from pet urine and tough stains that can turn into permanent ones if left untreated.
The goal of our team is to help you get the most out of your floors and enjoy a clean, happy home!
Request an appointment for pet urine removal or carpet stain removal in Raleigh.