PET URINE ODOR REMOVALProfessional Pet Urine Stains and Odor Removal in Raleigh, North Carolina
Raleigh Pet Urine Cleaning
Ideally, pets would never make messes on our carpets or rugs. However, we all know that’s not the case and that accidents tend to happen. Unfortunately, when these accidents involve urine, it’s not always a quick and easy cleanup.
Urine can seep deep below the carpet and can ruin the pad and floor underneath if it’s not taken care of promptly and properly. So do yourself a favor and take care of pet stains as soon as they happen. Chem-Dry of Wake County’s pet urine cleaning works to stop the smell at the source instead of only masking the odor.
Facts to Know About Urine in Your Carpeting
When pets urinate on your carpets, it doesn’t just stay on the surface of the fibers. It seeps lower and lower until it has reached the backing of the carpet and the flooring beneath the carpet. Once it seeps down to the floorboards, it begins to crystallize and the smell gets worse. As a pet owner, you know that your pet normally continues to do its business in that same spot. These locations can accumulate serious damage to the carpet & flooring. It’s not just the stains or damage you have to worry about; it’s the smell as well.
As the urine dries, the liquid evaporates but the urine crystals become even more concentrated and pungent. Simple cleaning and DIY hacks will not remove this odor. Simple surface cleaning does not help remove this odor. Until recently, there wasn’t a product available that could effectively remove urine odors. When P.U.R.T.® contacts the source of the odor, it immediately begins a chemical reaction to destroy the odor.
How P.U.R.T.® Works
- The source and severity of the odor are determined, then the carpet or rug will be rinsed and extracted with a hot water rinse to remove the bulk of the urine crystals.
- In worst cases, the carpet is pulled back in the suspected areas to reveal the extent of the damage.*
- If necessary, the pad will be removed and replaced.*
- An odor blocking shellac may be applied to the sub-floor if determined necessary.*
- P.U.R.T.® will then be applied heavily to the tack strip, the sub ﬂoor, the baseboards and the carpet backing. It is necessary to apply this product heavily enough to dampen all areas affected by the urine.*
- Over the next 24 to 36 hours, the ingredients in P.U.R.T.® will react with the urine, and break down the odor causing components.
*Additional charges may apply for services based on your unique situation and the amount of time and cleaning solution is required to remove the pet odors. Please note that this process may take up to 48-hours to fully dry. You may want to ventilate your home slightly so that the odor can escape.
“I have used Chem-Dry of Wake County multiple times with excellent results every time. The carpet is always clean, and stale smell is eliminated. I have had cats, dogs and children, all of whom are hard on beige carpeting. I have been very pleased with the cleaning. The technicians have always been on-time and are very pleasant.”
– Jane M.