Area rugs are, in and of themselves, beautiful statement pieces in the home. They add style, warmth, texture, and charm to a variety of spaces and tie a room together.
As the pros for area rug cleaning in Wake County, North Carolina, we’ve seen many rugs over the years. Each person’s unique lifestyle and eye for design shines through in the area rugs they choose to showcase in their homes.
Often finding the right rug is the most challenging part, but once you do, it’s so worth it. Our job is to help your rug continue to look its best for many years ahead.
Professional area rug cleaning in Wake County, North Carolina is essential. Additionally, here are a few simple tips to help ensure your rugs are really delivering for you to their full potential in your home.
Polish Your Area Rug Game With These Tips
- Make sure you get the proportions right. One of the most common mistakes people make is placing a rug that’s too small. When choosing the scale for your rug, remember that almost always, the bigger the better! It’s important that it completely covers the area under your furniture, leaving about a foot of space in even margins around the edges of the room if possible.
- Have a large space or a room that’s separated into different functioning areas? Try adding multiple rugs that complement each other. Don’t be afraid to mix textures, materials, and patterns! This will still work well if the rugs have similar tones.
- If you have a rug you love that may be smaller than what you need, try laying a larger rug underneath it. Stacking two rugs on top of each other allows you to get the best of both worlds and also adds a pop of visual interest. As a rule of thumb, aim for the smaller rug to be about two-thirds the size of the larger one.
- Don’t be afraid to go with a bold pattern or colors for your rug. But to keep your design cohesive, make sure the rug contains at least two of your home’s accent colors.
- Choose durable, long-lasting materials. Keep in mind that high-traffic areas will require more durable materials like synthetic fibers, jute, or wool, while more decorative spots can have more delicate textiles.
- Go bold with rugs in small spaces like bathrooms, entryways, and laundry rooms. Take these small areas as an opportunity to feature a more bold or colorful design than you might go with for a larger rug.
- Don’t forget to put a liner underneath your rugs! Rug pads not only keep the rugs from moving or slipping but also help protect the rugs from wearing down. Lastly, a cushioned pad always makes the rugs feel more comfortable to step on.
- Rotate your rug periodically to make sure it’s cleaned and also wears evenly.
- The key to getting the most out of your rugs is regular upkeep and maintenance. With area rug cleaning in Wake County, North Carolina, we can help your rugs maintain their vibrancy and shape and also prevent them from wearing down quickly.
Area Rug Cleaning In Wake County, North Carolina
Our team is here to help you get the most out of your area rugs year after year with industry-leading professional cleaning.