Finding the perfect pieces for your living room furniture is half the battle! Then comes the task of arranging it all together in a way that not only flows in terms of style but function too.
At Chem-Dry, furniture is our specialty, with professional upholstery cleaning in Wake County. We’ll help ensure your furniture lasts for many years to come.
Here are a few tips that can help create harmony by arranging your furniture pieces in the best way for your unique space.
Living Room Furniture Layout Ideas
Of course, the best option for arranging your furniture will depend on your specific room. The size of your space, the size and shape of your furniture, and the number of furniture pieces you have to work with will all be factors.
With that said, the following can apply to various spaces, including yours!
- Create a designated drop zone near your main entryway for items you use or wear every day.
- If possible, allow about 30 inches of space between furniture pieces so you have room to walk and move between them.
- Choose a focal point like a window, fireplace, or TV and position seating around it.
- Center furniture and have seats facing each other in large living rooms.
- Use a large area rug to anchor the space. When positioning furniture, have all the feet or at least the front legs on top of the rug.
- Implement a few optical illusions to make smaller living spaces feel larger. Tall furniture pieces and mirrors on the walls can make a big impact.
- Add furniture pieces with storage or extra seating around the edges of large rooms.
- Consciously choose variety in the shapes, sizes, and textures of furniture for your design.
- Never underestimate the importance of lighting! This includes overhead lights, table lamps, floor lamps, windows, and more.
Upholstery Cleaning In Wake County
When you finally find the right balance in your living space, it’s crucial to ensure those perfectly positioned pieces last for many years to come. And not to worry, Chem-Dry has you covered with professional upholstery cleaning in Wake County.